Wednesday 30 April 2014

CAKE IT FORWARD.....

CAKE IT FORWARD....

The cold weather this year in my neck of the woods has been long and unyielding. Even spring seems to be reluctance to fill its promise of warmer weather and patios filled with those hoping to imbibe not only in their favourite drink but the in the warmth of the beautiful sun.  So this morning, a particularly cold day, I awoke somewhat grumpy and, it almost seemed,looking for ways to feel annoyed on my morning commute.

The day went fairly smoothly although it had a pale of the "why isn't it spring, yet?" settling over the hours as it went by.  In the afternoon, I walked out to reception to find that a friend had delivered a piece of delicious chocolate cake that was waiting for me in the refrigerator. Wow. A disrupter!  An act that disrupted my mood and totally changed by attitude. Nothing like spontaneous kindness to make my day.

So, now I must pay or, rather, cake it forward. I guess it really doesn't have to be cake. Could be a smile, could be a hand, could be a compliment, could be lasagna.


Today, think of how you could cake it forward....you'll change someone's whole day and likely yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment